A SOULFUL YIZKOR + NEILAH
As Yom Kippur draws to a close and the gates of prayer and repentance begin to shut, we take a moment to reflect on those who we have lost, while focusing on the people we want to become and the kind of world we want to help create.
Yizkor – Meaning “remembrance,” this is our take on the memorial service featuring Jeremiah Lockwood
- Book of Remembrance
- El Meleh Rachamim
- Mourner’s Kaddish
Neilah – An interpreted experience, drawn directly from the themes of Neilah
- Framing – Leora Tarshish (Western Hillel)
- Neilah – Dir. Rachel Fleit, Animation Maya Gering
- Chimes of Freedom – Mirah , Zach Rogue and Lebo
- O Death – Milk Carton Kids
- Closing of the Gates – Dir. Rachel Fleit, Illustration Maya Gering
- Silence – Dir. Rachel Fleit, Animation Maya Gering
In addition to our In the Book and Beyond the Book programs, we are pleased to offer access to Conservative Movement style services from the University of Washington and Princeton University.
Hillel International and Reboot are hosting these Higher Holidays events to connect students and other viewers to the High Holiday experience in a variety of creative and engaging ways. The views of all speakers are their own, representing a diverse spectrum of voices in Jewish life and beyond. No individual or their words necessarily represents Hillel International, our local Hillel partners or Reboot.